New to BBB

Jun 12, 2011
Madbury, NH
Hi all,
At the beginning of the season I converted from Baquacil with 12 1 pound bags of shock and then I found the BBB method, I am 3 weeks into it and my wife thinks I am insane, although she can not deny the quality and cleanliness of the pool so far this year, let alone the cost.
For the last two weeks my readings have been as follows.
FC- 5.2
CC- .2
PH- 7.4
TA- 90
CYA- 30
Taylor k-2006 test kit
I love the ease of the system, I dealt with a cloudy pool for 2 years and a bad pool store, I will never look back :whoot: :whoot:

That's a nice post, jasperfish. Remember, you are the system. It's your knowledge that you have gained that allows you to manage your pool this way.

Couple of tips....you can use the 10ml sample of pool water when you do the FAS/DPD chlorine test if you like. It'll give you .5ppm accuracy instead of .2ppm but it'll save on the reagents....they're the two most expensive in the kit.

You don't say where you live, but if you're South, you could consider upping the CYA to 40-50 when you get ready. It'll save a little on chlorine costs. That said, if what you have is working nicely for you, I don't think I would fix something that isn't broke.

Wives thinking we are insane is pretty much par for the course, at least at my house. I'm ok with that but I wish she would stop making fun of my tin foil hat....how else am I supposed to get the signals? :shock:

It's ok... your wife will come around. :-o

My husband thought I was crazy when I told him how I wanted to maintain our pool. The only thing he knew or thought to do was to rely on pool stores so the thought of a test kit (or chemistry set as he would like to call it) at home made him think something was wrong with me... why did I want to go to the trouble when the pool store would test it for free. Forget that the closest pool stores that do testing are 10 mins & 15 mins away. Then to tell him I wanted to use bleach :shock: Had to show him the active ingredient was the same as pool chlorine and even then it took him awhile to believe me. Imagine then his reaction when I found an swg on clearance and brought it home!

The longer you do BBB, the more you'll like it. Hubby comes home telling me how much $$ the guys at work are dumping into their pools and he just grins. :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.