Skimmer and returns... what do I look for?

I just realized that I don't think I have a skimmer or returns for my 18" x 38" oval AGP that is currently being setup... what should I look for? Do most skimmers come with returns, or do I have to buy them separately? I think I have the rest down pat on my pool, but I have no clue about the skimmer/returns setup... any help is appreciated.

Are you installing the pool or is a contractor doing it for you? Most pool packages come with skimmers and returns. If you do need to buy them separately, put in 2 returns opposite each other, and position the skimmer so the prevalent winds in your area blow toward the skimmer. Just look for a wide mouth above ground pool skimmer, I don't think there is much difference in brands.

If you buy a new skimmer it will come with one return. I would be slightly concerned if the pool wall is up already and the skimmer or return holes are not aleady cut into the wall.

Grant

My dad and brother are installing it for me (they do general home repairs/carpentry/electrical etc, so I figured they could handle it). I just didn't remember seeing it offhand in the boxes, but didn't really look hard (it was late at night when I thought of it lol). I will look again tonight to make sure it's there. Thanks for the help :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.