Generic Bleach vs Chloine

If the price is right, then it can be a better deal, but it is the exact same chemical. There is the upside of less packaging...one vs two bottles, but that is it. I would only add that if you were buying in off season, or near the end of season, it might not be as fresh. This time of year I imagine it is though.

Edit: I was assuming you meant liquid/liquid comparison.

Are you sure your generic bleach is 5%? The brand I use is 6%. At 99 cents for 94 oz, buying the generic brand of bleach at 6% is still a better buy for me, even if I do have to recycle a lot.

"Generic" is a broad array of products.

Great Value 6% (sold in walmart for $2.54/1.42gal) works great. While a "Generic" sold at a dollar type/bargain store may in fact only be 3% bleach and perhaps well past it's manufacturing date.

Net...look at the label. Unless it states 6% sodium hypochlorite, you can't be sure what you are comparing it to :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My experience is that it has more to do with the particular store than the brand of bleach. Bleach that has been sitting around for months and months loses strength. Some stores are much better than others at keeping their stock fresh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.