Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Valve suggestions and heater seals

1. Back To Top    #1

Valve suggestions and heater seals

Hi all,

The 3 way valve on my return is leaking a bit from the inlet joint and it is jetting stiffer to move. It wont even go all the way to spa side anymore.

Which brand of 3 way valve would you recommend to replace it with? Is Jandy a good choice?

Also the connector from the heater outlet to the PVC has started dripping when i run the pump on high. I plan to put new 2" PVC pipe from the heater outlet to the 3 way valve as i will be installing a new 3 way valve anyway.

Any suggestions or warnings before i dismantle the connection to replace the seal? Is it a complicated procedure?Should I hire a plumber instead? I am good with piping, etc and have designed and installed sprinkler systems before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Suley, West Hills, CA
    IG 23000 Gallons with IG Spa Gunite plaster, Pentair Intelliflo VS 3HP, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 420 Cartridge filter, Teledyne Laars One series 400,000 BTU Nat Gas Heater, Hayward Max Flo 1HP Single Speed Spa pump, Noisy Spa blower, Dolphin Deluxe 4 robotic vacuum.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Valve suggestions and heater seals

The "Jandy" type valves are the best to use. They're rebuildable.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks!

So Jandy is a type of valve and not a brand name?
    Suley, West Hills, CA
    IG 23000 Gallons with IG Spa Gunite plaster, Pentair Intelliflo VS 3HP, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 420 Cartridge filter, Teledyne Laars One series 400,000 BTU Nat Gas Heater, Hayward Max Flo 1HP Single Speed Spa pump, Noisy Spa blower, Dolphin Deluxe 4 robotic vacuum.

4. Back To Top    #4

It is a brand name but there are a lot of copies of the style.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks!

Where do i find the stickers to put on the piping which say "pool", "spa" and "return" ?
    Suley, West Hills, CA

6. Back To Top    #6

Go to Walmart, etc and pick up a thermal transfer printer and make your own. That's what I do.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator