Screen Enclosure Foundation

May 26, 2011
Orange, TX
I intend to have a screen enclosure installed possibly next year after the pool is built (hopefully next month or so, waiting on bank for closing). Our deck area/screen enclosure will be 36' X 47'. (Also, fyi the quote for the screen is around $22K, which I thought was reasonable given the only wall to tie to is the back house wall, where the other 3 walls will be screen.) I called the screen installers and they said all I needed was the standard 4" foundation and no footer or grade beam was necessary. Thus, I didn't include it in the pool contract, not that I didn't want it because I originally did, but we were already cutting a few extras that I wanted to stay within our budget. Now I am second guessing myself wondering if the chain wall/grade beam should have been added. What are the comments around the subject, with and without the extra concrete beam? Is cracking evident due to no beam being present? I also wondered about just giving the concrete guys some extra cash to dig the beam, but not sure the PB foreman would appreciate that to much if he was there and noticed. This will be SE Texas. Thanks

Not sure what the codes are for Texas however my PB suggested to pour footer when he was doing the pool as the concrete truck has to be there anyway to pour the pool. We saved some bucks by letting him do it. Just my 0.02 :cheers: :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.