Need to Always Backwash

Hi everyone,

Here is my problem, I have a Pentair TA60 clearpro filter a summit heater (sum3 titanium) and a Pentair superflow pump.

My problem is that after doing a backwash my pressure is around 25 psi.

When it its around 27 psi, my heater stop working telling me not enough FLOW as message.

So now to heat the pool I need to backwash once or twice a day......

Could someone help me, is 25 psi normal pressure or is it to high, another thing I've notice is that if I close my bottom drain and keep only skimmer the pressure goes down to 22 psi.

Thanks.

Hi, welcome to TFP! I have a few questions for you. Is this a new problem, or has this been happening for some time? How long do you backwash? How much does the pressure drop after backwashing?

Hi thanks for quick reply,

My pool is new from last year, same things last year.

Pressure drops only from around 2-3 psi after the backwash (around 2 minutes), because I do them so often so I can use the heater, otherwise heater stop with flow message on display.

I tried to remove around 30 pounds of sand (thinking pressure would drop more in filter so my heather would run longer) but it is still the same

Welcome to TFP!

I'd suggest you run your filter set to recirculate to see if the problem is with the filter or the plumbing. If the pressure is substantially lower on recirulate than it is on filter, make sure you are backwashing for at least 3 to 4 minutes.

Ok on recirculate, my filter is running at 15 psi, wich is great!

Here is my equipment:
Filter: pentair, tagelus clearpro technology ta60
Pump: pentair, superflo 1 1/2 hp
Heather: summit sum 3

Thanks for your help!

I will upload a picture of setup

Attachments

• Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac-20110622-00015.jpg
    Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac-20110622-00015.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 392
Ok, i did 4 minute backwash.

If water out direct to pool from drain and skimmer, pressure 22
If water out direct to pool from skimmer, pressuer 19
If water out direct to pool from drain, pressure 21

If water out to pool by heater from drain and skimmer, pressure 24.5
If water out to pool by heater from skimmer, pressure 22
If water out to pool by heater from drain, pressure 23.5

If i leave water to pool by heater from drain and skimmer, tomorrow at noon I will have flow message on my heater.

Any other info I could give you guys?

Thanks.

I'm not sure what the normal pressure drop across the filter with the Clearpro is but it doesn't seem too high.

Did you ever figure out what size eyeball you have?

Try taking the eyeball fitting out of the return and see if that helps the pressure and flow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My water is great.

I really think it's the ClearPro laterals that causes the pressure to be so high, The flow is not very strong in the pool so I'm sure it's not a faulty gauge.

My real problem Is because I need to backwash every day (other wise flow waring on heather), it's the second time this season that I'm adding salt and alcanality, I'm wasting a lot of water because of the backwashing...

Does anyone have experience with ClearPro technology from pentair?

Thanks to all!

need those test results as requested. You're filtering something out. These filters aren't much different than a normal filter. If you changed the laterals the problem would probably go away, but only because you would not be filtering as well.

What kind of test results?

These are no good?

If water out direct to pool from drain and skimmer, pressure 22
If water out direct to pool from skimmer, pressuer 19
If water out direct to pool from drain, pressure 21

If water out to pool by heater from drain and skimmer, pressure 24.5
If water out to pool by heater from skimmer, pressure 22
If water out to pool by heater from drain, pressure 23.5

Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.