recommended temperature for installing vinyl liner

Hi Dee - welcome to TFP! :-D

It's a lot easier to install a liner when the air temp is above 70 but it can be done ~60, it really helps to have full sun. We've been able to do it as low as 50, but it's a real pain! - the liner doesn't want to suck to the walls with the vacuums so we end up having to stand in the pool keeping the wrinkles at bay while the pool fills :shock: (COLD!!)

If you're planning on doing this yourself and want some tips/ tricks, I'll be glad to help - I've installed over 1000 liners.

Hope the liner drop goes without a hitch and that you'll have nothing but a trouble free pool :!:

For anyone waiting for a response to Rob's ? He started this thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/viewtopic.php?t=3544&highlight= I'll keep my eye on both of these threads and help, if I can.

Though they are similar questions, I feel it's best to keep them separate so that 'case specific' info can be given, I've said before that what might be good advice for one pool could be totally inappropriate for another :)

Waste, thank you for your reply. My pool was built this past year and the liner needs to be replaced due to the sloppy workmanship of the pool builder (large wrinkles, holes from the installers' fingernails when they pulled the liner under the coping and huge craters made by the barracuda in the deep end where they didn't pump out all the water behind the liner before installing it). Long story short after trying to get them out here all summer they are now wanting to replace the liner (only after I contested the final payment on my credit card). We have had some nights already below freezing and our days range in the 40's-60's (warmer only late in the afternoons). I'm not sure if it's a good idea to let them replace the liner now or get them to wait until the spring when our temperatures are warmer and more stable. It's been such an ordeal with them already that I just want to avoid future problems if I can.

It seems that this thread is just a 'diving board' to other threads, but that's a good thing - we can direct others with similar questions to where they want to be :wink:

Dee started another post http://www.troublefreepool.com/viewtopic.php?t=3553&highlight= in which we are trying :roll: to solve her problem.

I don't know how the admin or the mods feel about this, but I feel that it really can serve as a 'diving board' for these type questions. I think that leaving this topic open will allow folks to ask their ? and then be directed to another thread or have their ? 'spun off' to a new thread which would be linked here. Just MHO :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.