Amount of inward / outward movement at uprights for AGP

Jun 21, 2011
Hi,
I made my first post yesterday and may have been too long winded to get any replies? Thought maybe it would help if I broke down my questions a little.

Can someone please offer a little insight on this? I just installed a 24' dia. Costa Del Sol pool that is plastic resin except for the wall, which is some sort of coated metal?
Now that the pool is full I am looking closely at things to make sure this is totally safe before I cut my kids loose. When i pull back and forth on the uprights (not too hard, but a fair amount of force) i can move them back and forth a couple inches pretty easily. All screws are tight. Seems like this movement may be normal but I have zero to compare to.

Does anyone else have a similar pool? Do your uprights behave in a similar manor? Needless to say, i have zero experience with these pools.

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks Bama!
In and out is where the play is. Left/right is pretty tight.

I have one upright that is leaning inward about 1.25" or so. Looks like something ( some stone dust or maybe a small rock) got between the base plate and the concrete paver support I put in. Wish I had noticed before i filled the pool, but i probably would have thought that the water would push it outward and fix the problem anyway. This one upright is driving me insane :hammer: and i don't know if it should be or not. The 15 other uprights are mint! The in and out play on this one is a little easier to move that the others too. Maybe like its rocking on something?? I want someone to tell me " thats minor, just relax" :lol:

My resin pool has been up for almost a year. My uprights are tight. But I do notice on some of the uprights I have a slight gap 1/16 or 1/8 between upright and wall. Now my Pool dealer told me (he was not the installer but they did install pools just not where I live) that a good pool doesn't really need the uprights to hold it up (but strong reinforced buttresses), just help it and I should not worry. What does concern me is on the top channel that the beaded liner hangs onto the top rail snaps over bead track, well under the uprights there is a gap where the tracks do no meet and they have these little spacers in there mostly under buttress supports which are heavy steel. and they can move maybe 1/4 inch. this is the top rail, what I am saying is the track is not totally together. I am just a perfectionist and I really inspect contract work, then question why I did not do it. Different story there.

My resin pool also has a bit of in/out play, I think your good.
I can attest to the stress involved with self building something that holds thousands of pounds of water ABOVE THE GROUND, I planned my pool/deck for 1 year and the stress involved filling that up....I've never experienced that before. I did the install completely myself so no one there to reassure me, I do appreciate the people on this forum that helped put my mind at ease throughout the build.

2 weeks later I did the first jump into the pool, man, I sent a tidal wave thru the pool and everything was fine. Sounds like your walls are good to me.

Thanks for the reply's everyone!! :goodjob:
I feel better. My buddy is coming over tonight to hook up the pump and filter. He does inground pools, never touched an above ground. Some people about a mile down the road just had an AGP installed that is almost identical to mine. I was half thinking about stopping there and introducing myself and asking to check out their pool. Then thought that might be wierd so i better not. Now i'm daydreaming of dressing in all black and running up to their pool at midnight and giving it a quick shake and then running home. Probably shouldn't do that......... :lol: :lol:

Thanks again!!!

Cramar I completely know what you mean about stress while the pool is filling. We put up an 15x48 Intex this spring and it's only about 6 feet from a wall of our house. The Intexes are pretty straight forward but I had dreams about it collapsing. I dreamed that a wave of water splashed up the house wall and striped the siding off, got behind the sheathing, ruined the insulation and drywall and got my pillows wet. I watched it fill from start to finish and probably put the level on it a hundred times. Lol it went just fine and hasn't even come close to collapsing once.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
"Some people about a mile down the road just had an AGP installed that is almost identical to mine. I was half thinking about stopping there and introducing myself and asking to check out their pool. Then thought that might be weird so i better not."
By all means, stop on by introduce and tell them you were admiring their new pool! We all like it when somebody admires our new toys. You might make a new friend! And do not forget to mention TFP and how they can save money by going BBB.

Thats a good thought mcnoonan. Think i will maybe swing in when i see them out doing yard work or something.
Got my pump and filter hooked up last night. Sta-Rite Dynamo 1.5 HP. Man, runs hot...motor housing gets Dang hot. The air it blows out the back smells like burning wires :lol: . Made me nervous. Doesn't get hotter though. And the air it blows out is just warm. Guess its fine. Been running for about 13 hours so far. Had to pig tail the electrical hook up until my electrician buddy comes over on Saturday morning.

Ya, I'd stop in also.
Unless the guy is a jerk I'm sure the average guy would be glad to discuss his pool and share his knowledge, I know I would if one of my neighbors came by.
I did that with one of my neighbors, let the guy know his set up looks great and I'm sure he'll share all his info.

Thanks Bama!
In and out is where the play is. Left/right is pretty tight.

I have one upright that is leaning inward about 1.25" or so. Looks like something ( some stone dust or maybe a small rock) got between the base plate and the concrete paver support I put in. Wish I had noticed before i filled the pool, but i probably would have thought that the water would push it outward and fix the problem anyway. This one upright is driving me insane :hammer: and i don't know if it should be or not. The 15 other uprights are mint! The in and out play on this one is a little easier to move that the others too. Maybe like its rocking on something?? I want someone to tell me " thats minor, just relax" :lol:
How did that leaning upright work out ? I have one and really stressing over it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.