Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: changing liner

1. Back To Top    #1

changing liner

We are having to put in a new liner, after patching NUMEROUS holes and more seem to appear daily we have decided to just replace liner...the big question....we currently have an overlap liner that when we go to replace we must take off all deck boards to replace wondering if we could change it to a beaded liner and that way when we go to change it again it will be alot easier? Does that seem wise or should we stick with overlap?
    Overwhelmed
    Pool size: 15' X 48" AG vinyl liner, 5300 gallons, Hayward S166T filter and 1hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: changing liner

You would need to find out if you pool has a bead receiver. Could you post some pictures of your pool and deck?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

right now it has overlap and coping I know I would need to buy the beaded liner and also the new coping for it, I just want to know if its ok to change?
    Overwhelmed
    Pool size: 15' X 48" AG vinyl liner, 5300 gallons, Hayward S166T filter and 1hp pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Pics would help but it depends on whether your pool will accept a bead receiver and if you can get one for it. If you can buy a bead receiver then you can certainly change from overlap to beaded.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit