LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2011
Northern Maryland (near Delaware)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Ok, not even 6 months and one of my hoses sprung a leak. The suction is about 4-5 ft to long and reinforced, probably 2 ft to long. I had two 8 ft pieces(corrugated looking) on the return with inline chlorinator. One of these sprung a leak, I replaced with a 3 and 4 ft respectively reinforced, getting rid of what I consider cheap hoses that came with the pool. My output flow is almost twice as fast. I am guessing the corrugated and extra length really robbed flow. Now I am worried about my aqualuminator popping off from the hose connection side, it is secure but where the hose goes into it is not the best setup. It is almost too much flow.

Any one have a similar experience with shorter hoses and getting much better pressure?

I was thinking of doing PVC but have to move the pump a little. Not sure what to do with the AquaLuminator though, would I glue a piece to it, or do they make some type of radiator hose to pvc adapter which is a weak point if I did that.

So I have 1.5" now, would I pipe 1.5" pvc?
I am weaning myself off of chlorinator once all chlorine is gone from it, was thinking I could have pvc split to 2 routes with shutoffs so I could run through chlorinator or bypass it ? Would that be too much restriction and would it be overkill and excessive cost for a pool that is open 5 months. Chlorintor would be used for time away, I could always plumb it in but I don't know if it is restrictive or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.