I need to raise my Alkalinity.....but not my pH

gbobst

Jun 4, 2011
I can't find it on the search but I know one of you all know where I can find it....I need to raise my TA....My pH is @ 7.8 right now and my TA is 70, 13,000gallon gunite pool.
I was about to use some muriatic acid, but found myself holding off and checking here first....thanks for anyones help. :shock:

Adding acid lowers TA along with pH. It usually reaches a point where you're not having to lower the pH as much and it gets pretty stable.

What happens if you let the pH go for a few days? does it tend to stay about 7.8?

Use the Pool Calculator to determine how adding X-amount of MA will effect your pH and your TA.
It is the "Effects of Adding Chemicals" section near the bottom of the calc.

If you post a full set of test results, we could check them out for you.

How do you chlorinate your pool?

What is the TA in your fill water?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
pH-7.8
CYA-50
TA-70
TC/FC-4ppm
I use Clorox unscented 6% bleach weekly.....only.
My fill water TA is 90, but I have had an unusual amount of rain here in Cincinnati, which I feel may be the culprit here.....

the pool is clean and very clear.....just a slight green hue, not quite a tint if you get my drift....no foul smell, no sign of algae at all..... just after weekly testing the pH, FC and TA.....thought I should adjust the pH, and was a little concerned , because I am not sure if a low TA is bad for the pool... just added some muriatic acid, I will test it in a few hours....thnks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.