Help!!! grass growning through liner

emaksb

Jun 21, 2011
We have a above ground pool and we've notice grass growing through the liner last year. So this year we havbe to replace the liner and kill the grass can anyone help us in to what to treat the grass with to kill it from coming back..

There are a few nutsedge killers. sedgehammer is one and Image. Whatever you use you need to follow the instructions and don't skimp. Soak the ground and then wet it in. Also I'd use the Gorilla Pad under it.

Okay I've been to Tracker Supplies and Atwoods and no luck on the Sedgehammer or Image. So we purchased some weed killer in hoping it will help kill the nutgrass. I'm guessing that's what kind of grass it is..

emaksb said:
Okay I've been to Tracker Supplies and Atwoods and no luck on the Sedgehammer or Image. So we purchased some weed killer in hoping it will help kill the nutgrass. I'm guessing that's what kind of grass it is..
Many weed killers will not kill nutsedge you need a good herbicide, I use image and get it at home depot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Okay I found the image at home depot and got the grass sprayed and it looks like it working. The pool guy came and installed a pad and new liner and the pool is on it's way to filling up. I've learned some interesting stuff off this web page and would like to try using these methods can someone point me in to the right direction on how to start after the pool is filled up....Thanks

I've always use chemicals..

All you have to do is start reading Pool School, specifically the balancing parts. Also, don't be afraid to ask questions as they come up. You also want to get a good test kit. You can see the link in my sig to the best place to get one.

Reading Pool School, Oh, and add 2ppm of chlorine in there each evening and enough CYA to get to about 30 ppm, once it gets filled. Post back if you need instructions on how to use the Pool Calc to figure out the amounts to add.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.