4x8 coping
5ft swimout
1hp 2speed pump
skimmer
400sq of pavers
all permits and electrical
deco drains
aditional 20 ft of pavers
tanning ledge( looks like a big step to me)
remove existing concrete slabs
small machine dig($1600)
$24000

The automation system is your timer, power panel which controls pumps lights and vac. also can control your salt generator. $1475 is a little high but not bad. Make sure they put in plenty of valves!

maxepr1 said:
The automation system is your timer, power panel which controls pumps lights and vac. also can control your salt generator. $1475 is a little high but not bad. Make sure they put in plenty of valves!
wow did not think about timer and all that suff i will ask....is the salt system worth it ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
checho said:
maxepr1 said:
wow did not think about timer and all that suff i will ask....is the salt system worth it ?
I wouldn't do another pool without one! I would go with an Aqualogic system though. Some people don't care for salt systems, but I would venture to say that they don't have a properly balanced system. It is very easy to maintain.

Looks like a fair price for Florida. You might want to consider pouring a footer for future screened enclosure. Make sure they go with 2 inch PVC plumbing. Put in as much space around the pool as possible, believe me you will wish you had more. Plan for future outdoor summer kitchen. Put in electrical outlets in as many places as possible. Make sure they pour a very very large equipment pad and plumb for future solar and heat pump. Please post as many pics of your pool build. CONGRATS :party: the journey is about to begin :cheers: :cheers:

thanks...........its kind of scary....had a couple more quotes all pretty much the same....some throw in the salt system....but filter is not a DE but cartridge...hmm what else...o yes! one of them told me any damage to my property or my neighbors i have to pay for ...also some pool companys just come in and make a drawing others make a pretty cool computer images ..is this something to consider as one company better than the other?? thanks...will post pics of the computer quote soon

maxepr1 said:
Yes, DE is better. Also I don't see what kind of pump you are using? Brands? Try to go with 2 speed or VS.

While DE does filter out finer debris, I think saying it is "better" than cartridge filters is misleading. Both have their pros/cons and I think it would be prudent for the OP to research the differences and decide which method suits him best.

brand is jandy thats what they ( 3 estimates) have said ...4th guy was nice but his office is his garage

this one of pics the other was just made on paper

Attachments

• __JOSE__  6-14-11_006.jpg
    __JOSE__ 6-14-11_006.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 416
maxepr1 said:
Looks nice! Are those steps or a swim-out? How deep did you end up going?

well i have not signed anything yet, they tell me to do it 3-5ft since i will get more usage of the whole pool..........i dont know what swim out is ...if is the big round thing that i would consider first step he said is a tanning ledge and is $550 more...............................like i said its easier to envision ur back yard with this proposal , one of the other one is good also actuallu a little bit better but they just drew it on a piece of paper...and that has me thinking

I got a bunch of stakes and a roll of string and made an outline of the pool and then the wife and I took chairs and put them where the concrete/ pavers would supposedly be. We then played with various shapes and outlines. We looked at every angle and walked the whole enclosure considering where we would want to place future things. Make this fun, as we did drinking adult beverages :-D That way we got what we wanted and not a 3d computer generated look. We wanted this to be something we designed and practical. The only regret :hammer: is that we should have made the paver deck space larger but it works for us. BTW we interviewed 4 different builders. A swimout is a bench in the deepest end and you need this by code. In my opinion make them as large as possible so that you can accommodate many people. We have an 8ft one on one side of the pool and a 6ft one on the other side. You will find that people tend to socialize there most of the time. I hope his helps :cheers:

Brentr, is exactly right! That's what we did the same thing! 3d is nice but walking around the yard and laying it out is better. If you have a good imagination you can see it all the way through! Swim out or beach entry is just that, no steps just grade change to the edge. Takes allot of space though!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.