Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Particles in my return jet

1. Back To Top    #1

Particles in my return jet

I've got things shooting out through my return jet. In this case, it's the larger granules from the CYA that didn't make it into my sock, but I also get large and small particles, as well as whatever is on the bottom of the pool, shooting out the return jet whenever I run the vacuum--even when the filter is freshly cleaned. Is this normal or is it likely that I have a tear in my filter? I did notice that the plastic part of the filter (around the bottom) might be damaged because it seems kinda loose and flappy, but that's how I bought it, so I assumed that it wasn't damaged.

If the filter is busted, are there are home remedies? Filters are expensive...
    17,000 gal, Posi-Flo Sta-Rite cartridge filter, IG, pebble, Water Ace (GE) 1 HP/1.25 SF 115/230V, 100 GPM (Resid.)/37.5 GPM (public pool), 102 SQ FT filter. Future upgrade: 250 SqFt filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Particles in my return jet

It could be that the cartridge isn't seated correctly ar that there are tears in it. There are no home remedies for repairing a filter cartridges that will last.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Particles in my return jet

Sigh... Thank you

Even if it's not good news, I appreciate it!
    17,000 gal, Posi-Flo Sta-Rite cartridge filter, IG, pebble, Water Ace (GE) 1 HP/1.25 SF 115/230V, 100 GPM (Resid.)/37.5 GPM (public pool), 102 SQ FT filter. Future upgrade: 250 SqFt filter.