Pool remodel - Crystal Pool & Spa - SoCal

Hello everyone!

Well, I haven't been around, since when I bought my house, I ended up draining my leaking pool. Now, just over a year later its under contruction! Remodel time!

Work having done:
by Crystal Pool & Spa http://www.crystalpoolspa.com/

New quartz plaster (Tahoe color)
tile (Seven Sea's Pacific Blue with gray grout)
New skimmer
Remove spa wall
install new lights
install new Pentair Intelliflow VS+AU pump
install new Pentair 48sqft DE filter
install new Pentair SWG IC40

Just started constuction yesterday, they didn't have to drain the pool since I've been keeping it empty.

Attachments

• pool1.JPG
    pool1.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 696
  • pool2.JPG
    pool2.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 696
Just learned that tile is the next step, but we haven't even seen the samples!
These guys seem a little busy with summer jobs and haven't been the best on communication so far, but we aren't in a hurry anyways.

We are going to do a California Quartz plaster in Thaoe color for a deeper blue water color. Sample below, with a pic of the tile we are leaning toward.
Will keep ya updated.

Attachments

• 21231_lg.jpg
    21231_lg.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 673
  • Mediterranean Blue.bmp
    167.9 KB · Views: 673
Since I saw your thread I have Crystal Pool and Spa coming out to bid on on remodeling my pool this week along with a couple of others contractors in the area. I don't plan on having work started until September so if you could keep the thread up to date I sure would appreciate hearing on how they are doing. Cheers :cheers:

That's a brave move !! I have other landscaping work in the yard I want done that they are going to quote. I'm also having Garocco come out for a quote but I am a bit wary of them, poor rating on the BBB and their reviews are mixed. But they did do work on a property near where I live that looked good.

They have done a good job so far on the pool. The tile work is about 3/4 done on the water line, and then all the accent tile needs to get done. Plaster is scheduled for July 1st. Will have to take tile pictures today and of the new equipment.

Guess I better get ready for the pool fill and startup!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finished the tile yesterday. Those guys did a good job and took their time making sure everything was straight. Here are the results, pics are a little bad since the sun had already set when I took the pictures.

Attachments

• pool tile 1.JPG
    pool tile 1.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 495
  • pool tile 2.JPG
    pool tile 2.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 496
  • pool tile 3.JPG
    pool tile 3.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 495
So far, I am loving it. :) Been brushing and filtering, now most of the plaster dust is gone. Will vacuum it this weekend to get the rest out.
Added conditioner, chlorine, a bottle of stain preventer, and just did acid yesterday.

There are a lot of white splotches, but I guess that's what you get with the color quartz plaster. Says it'll be like a marble type finish. Its looking better with brushing, and I love the water color with the tile we used. I'll have to take some pictures this weekend. I just get home too late from work to get any with the sun up.

I look forward to seeing the pictures. I'm thinking of the quartz finish too.

I've had one pool builder tell me I need to have an additional drain installed while another said I didn't. Do you have just the one drain ? Where is/are your drains located ?

Hi there, looking forward to seeing how your pool looks! Especially the Tahoe Blue color- took us a while to select plaster color but we are using Tahoe Blue also and hoping for that beautiful shade you posted in a sample picture. Guess we will have to accept some imperfections in the plaster, how is yours looking after the brushings?

I was too busy over the weekend to take the pictures. Will do it by this weekend for sure.
The water is looking really nice, I must say. Does look really close to the picture. When the water surface looks like it does in the picture, thats what the water color looks like, but when its flat as glass you can see the marbled look of the white plaster in there. I guess that's the way its supposed to look, as I read the California Quartz info and it says that even with color it'll have the appearance of a marble type appearance.

Now that I vacuumed the pool on the weekend and still brushing, with the crystal clear water, I am super happy with it and glad I picked the color. The water will be warm with this color, as it retains the sun's heat a lot more than white plaster.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.