Pool Leak--Bad pool year!

Jun 21, 2011
WA
After crazy weather we for first time in 5 years of inground liner pool had a greenish pool, so we shocked and it turned cloudy, chemicals more shock vacuuming later it cleared. Just about to finally heat up and use we noticed it was leaking water a lot.

So we turned off filter and called pool guy in next larger town over 45 min away. We live in small rural town 3 hours from seattle middle of WA state. Reason I say all that is only one pool guy and he knows it. They barely return calls, hard to get any help and when we called got put on list for earliest appt July 7th! 3 weeks away!

So husband freaked out turned off filter and took out tablets now pool getting dirty again, so last night i talked him into filling the pool back up at least enough past filter to turn on again, put in auto pool cleaner for a few hours and some shock. Now the cleaner is out but filter still on.

Husband does not want to mess with pool, isn't the fix it type, is there anything I can do while waiting for them to come out to keep it clean? Can I pour in some bleach since he doesn't want to use tabs since he doesn't want to use filter or keep water levels up since grass is getting soaked in one area.

I am worried about liner getting ruined if we let the water levels go way down. Husband is worried about the water leaking out if we keep levels up. What can I do while waiting or any ideas of something I can do? I have read about dyes and such and swimming under ground but water is now not clear again and cold from refilling and its only in late 70's here not exactly cold swim time. Pool is 4 1/2 ft deep in shallow end to 8 ft in deep end a lagoon style pool with steps that were built in at the end with liner around them. I worry about that because when levels are low first two steps have no water on liner and I wonder if that could ruin liner.
:cry:

Welcome to TFP!

As long as you keep at least one foot of water is the shallow end, the liner shouldn't get any worse than it already is.

If you let it drain down for a while and it stopped going down after a while, then the leak should be at the depth that it drained down to. That is often enough to let you find out where it is leaking, especially if there is a section of wet lawn that tells you which side of the pool to look on. Leaks are most common around fittings, but there can also be tears or cracks in the liner without any fittings nearby.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.