Good morning all!
Well a week has gone by since our new pool's start up (Nov 2 07). Pool school was held on Nov 7 and now we are on our own! (Sort of... we have you! ) The PB added the various chems to the pool over the last week. I took a sample test yesterday of the water (I will post complete numbers today since it's a week later.) which yielded:
The PB has put the inline chlorinator into service, with the setting set to max out put of 5. If I recall right, I should use the pucks to build up some CYA then switch over to BBB in about 30 days or as testing indicates the proper amount of CYA. Am I on the right track so far? Since my FC is still low, should I leave it be or add some liquid chlorine to boast a bit (not shock). The wife has invited some friends over so I want to make sure the water is healthy. The solar heating has been just awesome. Last week I was able to raise the temp 11 degrees and then hold it with a solar cover.
The pump has been running 24/7 for a week. I am getting ready to reduce the pump time as there is little dust still left over from the Pebblesheen to about 12 hours a day for about a week. The robot cleaner has picked up a lot junk as well. I was actually surprised how little dust or debris is left over from the Pebblesheen process. I have two medium size Pecan trees within feet of the pool and they are now starting to loose their leaves. GREAT! (The wife won’t let me cut them down… Maybe I should turn into a little George Washington with my ax?) So I need to continue to run the pumps as the winds dictate. Am I reducing the pump run time too quickly or am I on a good path?
Thanks for your advise!