New guy here, first of many questions...

Jun 21, 2011
South Bay CA
Hi everyone, I have read this forum from Google searches many times and have decided to join. I bought our first house last August and it came with a pool (we did not want a pool). I am learning a great deal about pools and pool equipment and have a question right now.

My pool guy is going to install a Jandy ePump JEP 1.5 and in the process he wanted to make an improvement to the piping. The improvement is what I have a question on. The pool has an old Jandy Energy Filter hooked up. He wanted to cut it off and connect the inground pipe (which leads to the pool wall) to the suction side of the main pool pump so the Hayward Navigator can be moved from the skimmer to the pool wall hole (I think the hole was there for an old RayVac). Just curious if this is a good idea or are there any possible problems? To me this will be an improvement since the vacuum hose has been "weighing on the skimmer "door" so the skimmer doesn't trap as much as it should.

Thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.