Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New guy here, first of many questions...

1. Back To Top    #1

South Bay CA

New guy here, first of many questions...

Hi everyone, I have read this forum from Google searches many times and have decided to join. I bought our first house last August and it came with a pool (we did not want a pool). I am learning a great deal about pools and pool equipment and have a question right now.

My pool guy is going to install a Jandy ePump JEP 1.5 and in the process he wanted to make an improvement to the piping. The improvement is what I have a question on. The pool has an old Jandy Energy Filter hooked up. He wanted to cut it off and connect the inground pipe (which leads to the pool wall) to the suction side of the main pool pump so the Hayward Navigator can be moved from the skimmer to the pool wall hole (I think the hole was there for an old RayVac). Just curious if this is a good idea or are there any possible problems? To me this will be an improvement since the vacuum hose has been "weighing on the skimmer "door" so the skimmer doesn't trap as much as it should.

My adopted pool/spa
    30x16 avg depth 4 feet
    Jandy RS8 All Button with AquaPalm remote (moving to One Touch soon for the ePump)
    Goldline Aquarite Chlorine Generator
    Pool/Spa Filter Pump = Jandy ePump JEP 1.5 (coming soon!)
    Spa Jet Pump = // Waterfall Pump = //
    Titan DE Filter // Hayward Navigator Vacuum // Minimax 400 Heater
    Aquamatic Pool Cover

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: New guy here, first of many questions...

It sounds fine. It will probably run better with the dedicated line. If he can add a valve in there so you can shut off flow when you want that would be even better!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!