Low volts, amps on dig220

Fyl54

Jun 21, 2011
Hey guys....new to this site and am very impressed...I am quite the novice, so forgive me if I'm being somewhat repetitive, but so far I haven't seen this exact problem in my perusing. I've got a 6 year old dig 220 with a sc48 cell on a 44,000 inground. I'm getting a low amps reading...test pool pilot comes back with 15 volts and 0.9 amps, even after I check with boost. Salt is 3000ppm, cya is very low...had to shock pool last night and adding stabilizer today. Cell has never been replaced; end plates are slightly shorter than rest, no corrosion, but looks good and and I have cleaned and flushed...Ph is 7.5 and run pump 8 hts a day in northeastern climate...menu reads at 29905 amp hours...cord connections on both ends look clean and flush and inside of pool pilot does not appear to be burned, though we have had some pretty crazy lightening storms of late...think that about covers it. Any thoughts on what the problem is?

Welcome to TFP!

The cell is almost certainly worn out and needs replacing. The cell normally lasts three to five years, so six years is a good long life. Low amps and worn cell plate corners are both signs of the cell wearing out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.