Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jet Pressure Not Equal

1. Back To Top    #1

Jet Pressure Not Equal

I have an inground, gunite spa that spills into my pool. It has a 2 hp spa pump, 1 hp blower, and eight (8) spa return jets as follows: six located approximately 7" above seat level and 2 located approximately 6" above floor in seat wall. The attached picture from during the spa construction shows the jet locations.

My problem is that the flow from the jets is uneven. The highest jets have more flow than lower jets, resulting in the foot area jets having very little flow. Is this to be expected? Can it be corrected, perhaps with different size jet inserts?

Thanks for any advice!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BBB 26,700 Gal inground Vinyl lined pool with water. Pentair Intelliflo variable speed pump running at 1,500 rpm 24/7. Polaris 360 with booster pump. 200Lb sand filter. Some floating dinosaurs that my 8 Year Old threw in and Hair of the Dog. Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jet Pressure Not Equal

Are they all plumbed together? You can install different sized jets and adjust the flows somewhat.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I don't know the answer to your question about plumbing, but here is a picture of the plumbing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BBB 26,700 Gal inground Vinyl lined pool with water. Pentair Intelliflo variable speed pump running at 1,500 rpm 24/7. Polaris 360 with booster pump. 200Lb sand filter. Some floating dinosaurs that my 8 Year Old threw in and Hair of the Dog. Taylor K-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

It looks like they're all plumbed together. Playing with the jet size should get you an acceptable result. A few of the top ones with a smaller jet should raise the pessure to the bottom ones.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't know what kind of nozzles are attached, but is it possible the're unevenly opened? Mine are adjustable by turning the outside part, so you can influence how much water runs trough them.
    Sunspa Monaco in the garden since March 2011.