pool start after re polish questions

merl

Mar 8, 2011
My pool will be full in about 2 hours. I plan on doing the following, please let me you if you think this is the right approach. Suggestions appreciated!

1. Start pump
2. Brush pool
3. Put 6 bags of salt in the pool ( this is what the PB did after 10 days of running the pool with chlorine)
4. Check ph, I am sure I will be in the day glow pink range -- add acid - PB added 6 gallons when the pool was first started, does that seem about right to start?

I am nervous about this hydrazzo and I dont want it to begin to scale again.

Many thanks in advance.

Looks ok. Don't start your SWCG until all salt is dissolved. Usually wait 24 hours after adding salt before starting the SWCG. You can add bleach in the meantime; enough to get you to about 3 ppm FC.

The PB may be doing what is known as an acid start and thus, needs to add a large amount of acid to the water.

Why would you want to add a lot of acid? We went through this in one of your other topics. You only add gallons of acid like that right after the plaster is first applied.

The next two steps are to get a complete set of water test results and start adding CYA.

Remember, SWG off for 24 hours after adding salt, you you will need to add 2 ppm of chlorine manually tonight.

Refill water test

Pool was refilled after repolish Monday. Tuesday the PB put 6 bags of salt and 1 bottle of Jacks Magenta. Thursday the salt had not gone up, it was at 2600 so I added 1 bag. It is now at 2800.

My results are
FAC 0
TAC 0
Salt 2800
CH 100
CYA 20
TA 110
pH 7.8
Pho 500

Leslies said to add 2 lbs of hardness plus, boost my SWG and then 4 qrts Leslies Conditioner.

What do you guys think?

Re: Refill water test

Is this a vinyl liner pool? Do you have another thread about this pool started on the forum? If so, you will get more valuable answers if you add these questions into that thread and delete this thread.
Topic merged. JasonLion

Both PH and TA are a bit high. You should lower the PH to around 7.2, which will help the TA come down.

Your CYA is very low, especially for a SWG. As long as CYA is that low you will probably not be able to maintain FC above zero with just the SWG. As long as FC is zero, you need to manually add a little extra chlorine in the evenings to maintain the FC level. Go ahead and add the conditioner/CYA now, so this does not continue to be a problem.

How many gallons of water does your pool hold? You should put basic specs like the pool surface and how many gallons in your signature so we have enough context to answer your questions. See the User Control Panel to set your signature.

Adding CH is a great idea, but 2 lbs sounds like way too little. However, I don't know how large your pool is, so I can't say for sure. You want to raise CH up to around 300.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.