Diamond brite erosion question

Jun 20, 2011
Hello all,
Great to have found this site. I just had my pool resurfaced in January and used diamond brite. I have been very happy thus far, but am noticing what seems to be a lot of loose particles/ sediment that at first glance, one would think is sand. However, upon closer inspection, the particles are the diamond brite. My initial assumption was that this was just part of the process of a new pool and that the accumulation of the diamond brite would eventually stop or slow down. However, I keep finding it and am now starting to get concerned that there was possibly a mistake made in the installation. Is this normal for the first couple of months to lose a bit of the material or should I be waving a red flag? Thank you.

Welcome to TFP!

You should post a full set of test results. Having some quartz grains coming off in the first month or two is normal, but that should have stopped by now. Problems like this one are almost always a result of failing to balance your chemical levels correctly.

Thank you guys...will get some current readings and post. I'm in the Bahamas and testing equipment is scarce to put it nicely. I ran full tests 2 weeks ago and everything was right in check. All the best.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.