Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Used pool vac

1. Back To Top    #1

northern California

Used pool vac

Recently while browsing the local Craigslist, I saw a used pool vac for $50. The ad said it was an older pool vac and all it needed was new feet. I did not buy it but I wonder if it is a good idea to get a used pool cleaner. For one thing, it will have to be disinfected for algae. What do you guys think?
    IG pebbletec pool: size of pool: 27,000 gal; filter: cartridge - Hayward Superstar Clear; pump size: 1.5 HP; TF 100 Test kit - got it on 7-29-10; The Pool Cleaner-4-wheel suction model; Pool calculator:; bleach calc:

2. Back To Top    #2

Chicago, IL

Used pool vac

Obviously it's hit or miss buying used equipment, but I've been very successful (or lucky) doing so over the years. Thus year I picked up a two year old Hayward 250k BTU heater and a 5+ year old Aquabot T4 robot. Both work flawlessly, although I did need to replace the drive belts on the Aquabot.

I didn't notice any algae on the used robot, but even if there were some, it's nothing than a good cleaning can't resolve.

I plan on sticking with the used equipment route anytime I can. I much prefer Craigslist over the pool store.
    28K, 20' x 40' IG - Vinyl Liner, Hayward DE Filter, 1.5HP Pump, 250K Hayward BTU Heater, Aquabot Breeze 4WD robotic cleaner