Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tennis Racket Bug Zapper

1. Back To Top    #1

Tennis Racket Bug Zapper

Ok, so they were on sale for $5 and I bought one to replace my badmitton racket I hit Cicada killers with. Well I touched a fly in the house, kazamm, 2 AA batteries this thing works. Then a mosquito. I thought it was gimmick. My wife said I am glad you got a useful toy for fathers day.

Duct Tape, my return hose sprung a leak, so I duct taped it until I can get a replacement, only been in service 4 months. Will replace tomorrow and then plan out PVC.
    15'X30'X52" AGP AquaSports Grande Buttress Free (10,620 Gallons), Hayward Dreamline S190 W Zeobrite, 1.5 HP Hayward PowerFlo LX, AquaLuminator Light+ fountain attachment, Pool Rover, Tf-100 test kit, Speed Stir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tennis Racket Bug Zapper

We had one of those a few years back. What a fun item that was
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3

I've got like 5 of them. One of the best inventions I've seen in my lifetime. Intel went all crazy with their microprocessors. I'm just as entertained by a low voltage tennis racket to kill mosquitoes.
    18 X 36 In-Ground Vinyl Pool, Hayward 1 HP SuperPump, Hayward SP270T 350lb Sand Filter, CompuPool CPSC48 Salt Chlorine Generator, Hayward H400FDN 400 BTU Natural Gas Heater, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, No Main Drain

4. Back To Top    #4

How Long do the batteries last?
    15'X30'X52" AGP AquaSports Grande Buttress Free (10,620 Gallons), Hayward Dreamline S190 W Zeobrite, 1.5 HP Hayward PowerFlo LX, AquaLuminator Light+ fountain attachment, Pool Rover, Tf-100 test kit, Speed Stir.

5. Back To Top    #5

None of mine have run out. But, if you let kids play with them, it occupies them for hours, so in that case I could see needing to replace them weekly. But yeah, none of mine have run out and I got mine last summer.
    18 X 36 In-Ground Vinyl Pool, Hayward 1 HP SuperPump, Hayward SP270T 350lb Sand Filter, CompuPool CPSC48 Salt Chlorine Generator, Hayward H400FDN 400 BTU Natural Gas Heater, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, No Main Drain

6. Back To Top    #6

The one from Kohl's is a hoot! The one from Harbor Freight does not work near as well.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Be careful..... they tend to keep a residual charge in the mesh and if you just happen to touch it, like I accidentally did, you'll get a good enough shock to make your arm hurt and tingle for a few hours.
    16'x32'x52" Intex AGP
    Intex sand filter, Intex SWG

8. Back To Top    #8

Really? I'd throw that guy out and get a new one. Never had that issue.