Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Very Special Post Just Appeared on the Forum

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

A Very Special Post Just Appeared on the Forum

It was JasonLion's 20,000th post. Wow!

For the newbies, Jason has been a mainstay on this forum from it's inception. When SeanB first started the forum, Jason's participation was immediate, prolific and precise.

If I remember, he was quickly asked by Sean to be Mod or Special Contributor but as the forum grew rapidly, Jason filled in and helped Sean as co-administrator. (I may not have the details perfect but I'm not far off.)

A couple of years ago, Sean wanted to help his daughter pursue a professional singing career and decided to leave the forum. I purchased it from him but not before Jason and I had spoken and we agreed that Jason would become forum administrator.

His responsibilities include the ENTIRE scope of keeping this forum online. Have you ever noticed how practically glitch-free TFP runs 24/7?

A couple of years or so ago, I had stupidly let the test kit website domain name expire and the vultures quickly scooped it up and we were shut down and locked out. Within 3 hours, Jason had TFTestkits back up and running on the net and, aside from the domain name change, we never missed a beat. To me, it was a remarkable display of computer skills.

He does all the computer work silently at TFP. He virtually never has to shut down the site for maintenance and, with STUNNING police work from the mods, has made this forum perhaps one of the most spam-free, informative and enjoyable forums on the net.

All that on top of the accurate, concise help he offers to all of us here.......20,000 times!
    That's double our next most frequent poster.

So, hats off to you, Jason....Well Done!

PS - Jason uses the Lifetime Membership donations to pay for everything associated with keeping TFP on the net. His time, domain name licenses, ISP providers are handled completely through your lifetime membership donations. If he or this forum has given you your money's worth, you might consider joining the Lifetime Group
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A Very Special Post Just Appeared on the Forum

Thank you Jason for all of your contributions to everyone. Your work is greatly appreciated.

3. Back To Top    #3

A Big Thank You!!!!!!!!!!
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4
    East Texas

There will be a nice cold one (or two) waiting for you if you ever get to Texas!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you Jason. You have helped me personally tons of times by responding to my questions directly (and patiently). Not to mention all the great info I get to take advantage of when you answer all the others. And I agree with Dave - this is a superbly organized and run site!
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

6. Back To Top    #6

West Virginia

Thanks Jason for all you do!!
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

7. Back To Top    #7

Friendswood, TX (near Houston)

You keep this site one of the best (best one I know) run on the Internet. Thank you for all your hard work.
    It is a great forum.
    22000 gallon IGP, 820 sqft, SWG - IC60, infinity edge spa, Pentair Quad DE 100, 3 x Pentair Intelliflow 4x160 pumps (one for circulation + one for spa + one for sheer descents), spa with 8 jets + 4 leg jets, air blower, Pentair EasyTouch 8 remote, Pentair Intellibrites LED (white) - 2 in pool and 1 in spa, Pentair Master Temp 400,000 btu heater, 4 sheer descents (2x2', 2x6'), limestone coping and decking, Pebblesheen Prism Blue

Useful links:
    Pool Chemistry
    Chlorine reactions

8. Back To Top    #8
    NW Ohio

I find it very approriate that this is the first post I read after making my donation. With all the money the forum and the pool calculator has saved me it only seemed right to finally give back.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter.
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

9. Back To Top    #9

Definitely the most professional and helpful forum I have ever visited.
    We probably wouldn't have decided to build our pool without the help we saw available here.
    It definitely would not have been as "Trouble Free".
    Thank you Jason!,

"Experience is what you get, just after you needed it."

Owner DIY build, steel/liner kit, 18x36 Deer Creek, sport depth, approx 17,500 gal,
    Aqua Plus SWG, 1 1/2 hp, 2 speed, 300# sand filter and twin Color logic 4.0s, MX-8 Cleaner.
    My DIY Pool Build

10. Back To Top    #10

Jason, Thanks for all you do!
    18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

11. Back To Top    #11
    Waaay NW MN

Great job for all you do Jason!!!! We bow.......
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

12. Back To Top    #12

Coastalish 'down easter'

I'm glad to see you've come so far. so fast
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

13. Back To Top    #13

Calera, Al

Thank you for all your hard work and due diligence! Without you and the others on this site many of us would be swimming in cement ponds!
    17,000 gal, IG Gunite Diamond Brite plaster Kidneybean,w/7x11 tanning ledge& 3x5 swimout bench,244T 300lb Hayward Pro high rate sand filter(63 GPM) , Hayward 1Hp Super Pump w/3/4 hp booster pump, Polaris 280, Laars Lite 2 175k N/G Heater, Tf-100, Speed stir

14. Back To Top    #14
    Binghamton, NY

Frequent reader here. Just a quick note to say THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO for us pool owners. Howie, from NY
    Intex 15' Round 48" Deep Metal Frame
    2000GPH with Intex SWG, Model 56611E (Lovin it!!)
    Intex Magnetic LED Underwater Light

15. Back To Top    #15

Grand Rapids, Michigan

Thanks Jason. And to Duraleigh, thanks for catching this event and reminding us all of the hard work that goes into this site.
    17,500 gal. ABG Doughboy Pool
    1/2 HP Pump/150 sq.ft. Cartridge Filter
    TF100 Test Kit And Speedstir

16. Back To Top    #16
    South Carolina

Jason, you rock!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

17. Back To Top    #17

Thank you!!! You are appreciated!
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

18. Back To Top    #18

Mickleton, NJ

Thank you Jason!!!!
    Currently Pooless

Former Pool:Buster Crabbe resin and steel 30'x15' oval 52" ABG pool Pentair sand dollar filter 1.5 Pentair Dynamo pump13,500 gallons

19. Back To Top    #19

Congratulations?!? This guy is nothing but a postwh*re!

No, just kidding. Every post I've seen has been cogent, brimming with information, and dead-eye accurate.

Heavens forfend he shuffle off this mortal coil, but if he does, I recommend jarring up his brain (in a CYA 60 solution) and wiring it up to the forum server. ^_^

Thank you Jason!
    I laugh—to disguise the tears.
    Size 15,000 gal 510′² | Filtration DE 48′² | Sanitation SWG+O₃ | Placement in-ground (IG) | Finish pebble
    Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS main WhisperFlo WF-28 feature | Location Dallas TX US (33ºN 97ºW)

20. Back To Top    #20

Spring, TX

Yall made Jason go into hiding because he has so many more post than anyone else haha.

13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast