Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dead algae particles in the pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Dead algae particles in the pool

I have a 16 x 48 intex above ground pool. I ha d a swamp this year due to the cover ripping from the heavy snows. I got rid of all the algae and now I have water that looks like skim milk, I have been running filter 24/7 and have been getting slime in filter and I keep running it. I was wondering if there is a better way I can not see bottom of pool so I cant even try to vacuum it up. Thanks Tim

2. Back To Top    #2

Dallas, TX

Re: Dead algae particles in the pool

Are you still shocking? It took about 3 weeks for mine to clear completely, with my sand filter. You have to keep at it. What kind of filter?
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I only have the intex pump and cartridge filters, does the shock keep helping even thou the algae is dead?

4. Back To Top    #4
    East Texas

As the algae dies and decomposes, it creates CC which you also have to shock for.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks so much I will keep going then, will the cartridge clear out the dead algae..............Tim

6. Back To Top    #6
    SouthWest Alabama

The cartridge filter will clear out the pool with a few days of constant filtration. You should see improvement each day even if it's just a little.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit