Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Non Doughboy Liner in Doughboy Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Non Doughboy Liner in Doughboy Pool

Hello, we have a little Doughboy pool with their E-Z Clip beaded liner that needs replacing.

A genuine Doughboy liner while great is a bit steep for us right now at around $400 delivered for an 18' pool that will probably be used a couple more seasons.

I've been trying to find other liners that may work, but haven't had much luck. All the places I've called initially say that yes they have a beaded liner that will work, but then back off and say they can't be sure or probably not. I know nothing about liners other than this one, so I have no idea what the differences are between different beaded liners.

Does anyone have any experience with using a non Doughboy liner in a Doughboy pool with the EZ-Clip system?

Thanks for any advice or comments

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Non Doughboy Liner in Doughboy Pool

Welcome to TFP! Someone will be along shortly to help you with your question.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3

Bump ... Thanks for any input!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Exeter, PA

Pocono pool products can send you bead samples that you can compare your current liner too. Also you can just purchase j-channel track ans install that on the pool wall and then order a liner for that. I would try the bead samples first
    X-Pert Pool Service
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, I'll give them a try.