wrinkles in Intex Ultra 24'x52" pool

May 11, 2011
East Texas
I set this pool up about a week ago and there were no wrinkles in the bottom. I noticed yesterday that there appears to be wrinkles forming in the bottom now. The pool is set up on the 3/4" blue foam from Lowe's. Any ideas what caused this to happen?

What temperature do you think it was when you filled the pool? If the liner warmer up and stretched out and you put cool water in it, or the water cooled down, it can cause the pool to shrink alittle then later expand when the water warms back up causing wrinkles.

I am sure it was between 95 and 100 when I put out the liner and straightened it becasue that is how hot it has been everyday for the past 2 weeks. I did not fill the pool all at once so I don't think it would be cold water causing it to contract and then strecht out later. Kinda aggravating though.

The same thing happened with our Intex pool. Over the summer, as they stepped and pushed on the bottom more formed. And now after leaving it up over the winter even more have formed. They catch the sediment though. Makes it easy to find the dirt while vacuuming...

We tried to smooth them out by holding kid feet while they snorkeled and pushed at them underwater when we drained half the pool to lower CYA last year, but it's not easy so we gave up. It doesn't seem to affect much except sediment anyway. Probably should have used one of those foam pads everyone here talks about instead of sand on top of previous pool sand. <shrug>

I have the same problem too, not too worried about it.

Going on 4 years now through winter and all, I'm just waiting for it to bite the dust someday for an excuse to get a bigger pool.

It does make vacuuming easier though even if it doesn't look perfect!

The trick is to stretch as you fill, in steps as the water rises. It takes some time and patients, but its the only way. You'll still get some very minor ones, but I can live with these. Big ones annoy me to pieces.

jsf0656 said:
Brushpup said:
The trick is to stretch as you fill, in steps as the water rises. It takes some time and patients, but its the only way. You'll still get some very minor ones, but I can live with these. Big ones annoy me to pieces.

thats the way i did it. ended up with only a few minor wrinkles! :)

Dang! Sorry then, I wish I could offer more help to you. You only have two choices, and I like neither.... :lol:

Im really not that Ignorant about my spelling, but sometimes I don't catch the auto fill on my phone. Stupid me.... :hammer:

After closer inspection, I have not been in the pool in 4 days, it appears that they may not be wrinkles at all. Over the weekend we had a wildfire close to us and there was ash falling for 2 days straight. It looks as though what I thought were wrinkles forming were actually just lines of ash sattling on the bottom of the pool in strange lines. Whew!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
dpman79 said:
After closer inspection, I have not been in the pool in 4 days, it appears that they may not be wrinkles at all. Over the weekend we had a wildfire close to us and there was ash falling for 2 days straight. It looks as though what I thought were wrinkles forming were actually just lines of ash sattling on the bottom of the pool in strange lines. Whew!!!
lol Thats great to hear! Well, not the wildfires but the fact that there aren't any wrinkles! :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.