Worth $ to buy Intex SWG/Sand Pump for Intex?

May 31, 2011
Hi guys, I purchased an Intex Krystal Clear SWG for $169 for our 4500gal Intex Ultra Frame pool. I found the Intex SWG and Sand filter pump on Amazon for $269. Is it worth the extra money to purchase the combo?

This is our first pool, we want it to be as easy and clean as possible (of course!). What would you do? Use the filter that came with it or purchase the combo?

thank you!

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Weather you have the combo or seperate equipment the Intex sand filter/pump or any of the brand name filters and pumps are a must. The system that comes with these pools are just not up to speed.

I have the Intex sand filter and seperate Intex swg on my pool and the water is great. The combo will do the same thing. You just need to take control of the chemistry and apply what you learn here at TFP.

First two pics are my pool and setup. The next two pics are another members pool with the combo system.
clearpool.jpg

pooldeck35.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

:cheers:

wow beautiful pictures crookm11! Love the wood surounding your pool!

So the $269 price is not for the sand filter/swg combo, just the swg/reg filter combo, I must have read it incorrectly.

Wondering if pool supplies (like pumps, ladders, solar covers) go on sale as the season goes on? Maybe after July 4th? By the time we get this pool up and running it will probably be July, maybe I should hold out for a sale! :)

greenmom17 said:
wow beautiful pictures crookm11! Love the wood surounding your pool!

So the $269 price is not for the sand filter/swg combo, just the swg/reg filter combo, I must have read it incorrectly.

Wondering if pool supplies (like pumps, ladders, solar covers) go on sale as the season goes on? Maybe after July 4th? By the time we get this pool up and running it will probably be July, maybe I should hold out for a sale! :)

I don't know where you got the $269 from and for what unit.

I'm just saying weather you get the sand filter/pump and a seperate SWG or the sand filter/pump/SWG combo, both setups will do the same thing.

The pictures were to show you the differences between the 2 different setups. Same results at the end.

:cheers:

I have the 1600GPH combo, I ordered it from Amazon for $300 shipped a few weeks ago. The only downside is if you want to run the pump only you have to fiddle with the buttons and then when you want to run the SWG you have to fiddle with them again. Using the built in timer only allows the pump and SWG to run at the same time for a certain amount of time. I have the Intex 15x48 walmart pool.

20110616184354.jpg

20110616115058.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.