Bonding

Jun 20, 2011
For bonding purposes, I have the #8 bare copper going around the pool attached to every 3rd post then attached to the lug on the pump motor, where do I go from there? My research resulted in conflicting results. My certified electrician/neighbor told me to then go into the twist lock receptacle box and then attach to the grounds in the box-is this correct? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP!

The bonding wire does not need to be connected to electrical ground in the US, though they do require that in Canada. It does need to be connected to anything with a noticeable amount of metal in it that is within 3 feet of the water. If you have metal ladders, they need to be bonded, the same with a heater, and so on. Assuming your pool is simple and has plastic ladders, you are probably done with bonding.

Thanks. If I already mounted the box for the twist lock receptacle and knocked out the hole and ran conduit into the box in anticiption of connecting the bond wire, would this be in violation of NEC code? i.e., can I keep the bond wire conected to the grounds?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.