Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need ladder help

1. Back To Top    #1

Need ladder help

The ladder that came with our Doughboy pool is inadequate. It only attaches to the sides with 2 nylon straps that go under the rails and that scares me a lot. I used the ladder last night and it was wabbling and buckling all over the place. I have attached a poor pic of it (I can take more tonight) uninstalled.

My question is, what would be the best ladder to get for that deck configuration? The deck is under the lip of the rim so the ladder needs to attach to the deck just an inch or so below the rail.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doughboy 18x38 AGP buried 2' deep. 18,400 gal. Hayward Power Flo Matrix. Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter. TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Need ladder help

We have a set of Lumi-O steps and they're nice. There are brackets that attach to the deck to hold them in place. I'd look for some type of cake steps or cake like steps. They're going to be better than ladders.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    East Texas

Wedding cake steps with either one or two handrails.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Do wedding cake steps attach to a deck?
    Doughboy 18x38 AGP buried 2' deep. 18,400 gal. Hayward Power Flo Matrix. Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter. TF-100 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Houston, Texas

above ground pool ladders come in two parts, in pool and outside the pool. The in pool portion usually has a small platform that attaches to the frame of the pool or a deck. Wedding cake steps have different makers, but I know most will attach to a pool or deck with bolts and not just straps.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!