long road but i think i got it

May 16, 2011
tried and tried to have a good looking pool but each time i went to the pool store to have my water tested something was wrong and to top it off my water was always either green or cloudy, at one point he said i needed 8 pounds of trichlor, my chlorine level was still at 0 after all that ,thats when i came to the conclusion that he was a quack, found this site, got a taylor 2006 and off we went.
my chlorine was not at 0 but at 65 his machine doesnt work above 10 se he was telling me i had no chlorine. the white fiberglass was dark brown from the out of wack ph and high chlorine,
lots of work and acid, borax,metal out and ascorbic acid later my pool is sparkling and white.
Thanks to all that answered my stupid questions.

CL 6
CC 0
TA 90
CH 250
CYA 110
PH 7.4
borates 50

Thanks again all

:goodjob:

CYA at 110 is a bit too high. The best thing to do is to replace water to get CYA down to something more reasonable. If you do want to try and live with CYA that high you need to maintain a higher FC level, normal FC levels with CYA at 110 are between 8 and 11.

trent1059 said:
CYA was at 190 when i started, i have replaced alot of water. my fill water is very hard and TA is 440 so i will just leave it where it is for now, thanks for the help.
And there is the very proof that you've learned the right way to manage your pool. We're all about not just blindly doing something but testing and knowing what to do and what effects doing it will have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.