Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: long road but i think i got it

1. Back To Top    #1

long road but i think i got it

tried and tried to have a good looking pool but each time i went to the pool store to have my water tested something was wrong and to top it off my water was always either green or cloudy, at one point he said i needed 8 pounds of trichlor, my chlorine level was still at 0 after all that ,thats when i came to the conclusion that he was a quack, found this site, got a taylor 2006 and off we went.
    my chlorine was not at 0 but at 65 his machine doesnt work above 10 se he was telling me i had no chlorine. the white fiberglass was dark brown from the out of wack ph and high chlorine,
    lots of work and acid, borax,metal out and ascorbic acid later my pool is sparkling and white.
    Thanks to all that answered my stupid questions.

CL 6
    CC 0
    TA 90
    CH 250
    CYA 110
    PH 7.4
    borates 50

Thanks again all
    23000 gallon fiberglass pool
    hayward pro II sand filter with 1 1/2 hp motor and pump
    SWG aqua pro, dolphin diagnostics advantage robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: long road but i think i got it

Enjoy!

Of course,
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

CYA at 110 is a bit too high. The best thing to do is to replace water to get CYA down to something more reasonable. If you do want to try and live with CYA that high you need to maintain a higher FC level, normal FC levels with CYA at 110 are between 8 and 11.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

CYA was at 190 when i started, i have replaced alot of water. my fill water is very hard and TA is 440 so i will just leave it where it is for now, thanks for the help.
    23000 gallon fiberglass pool
    hayward pro II sand filter with 1 1/2 hp motor and pump
    SWG aqua pro, dolphin diagnostics advantage robot

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by trent1059
    CYA was at 190 when i started, i have replaced alot of water. my fill water is very hard and TA is 440 so i will just leave it where it is for now, thanks for the help.
    And there is the very proof that you've learned the right way to manage your pool. We're all about not just blindly doing something but testing and knowing what to do and what effects doing it will have.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Congratulations on the improved pool, and welcome to the forum. It really is a nice place.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem