We just bought our first house and it came with a pool. Our pool has been open a couple of weeks now and I just finished a 3 day shock session to clear out an algae overgrowth. The pool is no longer green but it is still cloudy. I have a chlorine and pH test kit that came with the pool. The pH is 7.4, which is supposed to be ideal and the chlorine is at 2.5. I brushed the pool daily throughout the shocking and continued to do so once the green was gone. I have been trying to vacuum it but my hose won't stay on the vacuum for more than 1/3 of the pool at a time. I just want to be able to swim in my pool.