Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pureline Crystal Pure 60,000
I have an AquaRite SWG that was installed in January of 2006. I'm starting to have concerns about how much chlorine I'm getting out of it. Is there any way of knowing if a cell is starting to fail by the voltage and cell current readings?

Also from what I have read there are about four different Aqua Rite cells, but w/ the age of my unit I think I need the T-15 cell. Is this correct?

The cell should be labeled with a part#. When a cell starts to fail, you will notice a drop in amps and salt level. However, a lowering of the true salt level also has those symptoms so you need to compare the reported salt level with the true salt level via a test kit. My cell was installed in 2005 and is still going strong but I try to keep the CSI in a fairly tight range which I think helps lengthen the life of the cell.

Proper water balance for a Salt system is essential for optimum performance.
pool-school/water_balance_saltwater_generator

A lower than recommended CYA level can allow sunlight to consume chlorine quicker than the unit can produce it.
Clean the cell per the manufacturers instructions. Calcium scaling can reduce chlorine output.

To test the cell:
Sequentially press the diagnostic button and post the following:
1. Temp
2. Cell voltage
3. Cell current
4. output %
5. salinity
6 produt name
7. Software revision level

Cell voltage should be 22 to 25 volts when generating otherwise 30-35v
Cell current is normally between 4.5 and 7.8

PSG

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.