aqua rite t-cell 9 reading hot after cleaning

otto14

Jun 19, 2011
Well my salt reading was not accurate so I cleaned my cell buy the book with muriatic acid. After cleaning when I turned on the cell it gave me cold reading , then hot. Now stays reading hot. Even when I turn to super chlorinate to bypass temp reading the check salt light and the inspect cell light comes on solid. The generating light starts flashing halting generation. I tried to check instant salinity but reads 0, but water has salty taste. Did I do something wrong when cleaning cell cause everything worked before cleaning except salt reading. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cell was put in last april new pool. Is the temp connection in cell or the thing with the wire right past the cell? Only year and a couple months on cell do they just go bad sometimes? Thanks for the info great forum. New to the whole pool thing all ready learned alot from this forum.

Just got off the phone with hayward co. They said probably temp sensor in cell getting a new one under waranty . I still would like to know what happened though, is it possible to fry temp sensor with acid? Like I said before no problems until I cleaned it except for inaccurate salt reading. Just want to avoid this again in future if possible. I did try rebooting system this morning and got it to give me instant sality of 4000 but after 30 seconds read hot again and continued same trouble. Thanks for the replies and help. God bless

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.