CSI test?

My pool water is crystal clear.
    typical readings are
    FC - 10
    CYA- 70
    PH - 7.6
    TA - 100
    CH - 350

While reading the ABC's of water chemistry in pool school i came accross the abbreviaton "CSI". I don't know what it stands for but apparantly is important because it refers to the tendency of a plaster pool to deteriorate.
    I have had problems with loss of surface coat in my pool due to calcium deficiency in the past so am very sensitive to anything that may effect further damage.
    This line in pool school jumped out at me "Pools with plaster surfaces should factor their CSI into the preferred TA level decision"
    How does one determine their CSI and then how are the results factored into the 'preferred TA level'
    thanks.
    6600 gal IG concrete/gemcoat
    Fresh water
    1 HP motor
    StayRite PLM 100 system 2 filter
    full sun
    Treasure coast, Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CSI test?

http://www.poolcalculator.com/ will calculate CSI for you if you plug in the numbers.

A negative number means it may leach it out of the walls, a positive means it will leave scale deposits. Anything between -0.6 and +0.6 is okay.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: CSI test?

Thanks, I'm good.
    6600 gal IG concrete/gemcoat
    Fresh water
    1 HP motor
    StayRite PLM 100 system 2 filter
    full sun
    Treasure coast, Florida