We have a 24 round above ground pool. In the last 4 weeks we have put 45 lbs. of shock in our pool. We didn't put a cover on our pool this
year which was a mistake. Our pool looked like swamp water. Our pool store has been testing our water and told us that we basically didn't have anything in it. The ph was the only thing that had a reading and it was very low. We have vaccumed our pool twice even though we can't see the bottom. The water is very blue now but still won't hold a chlorine reading and the water is very cloudy. We have also used a whole bottle of clarifier to try and clear the pool. It didn't work. I went back to the pool place and they suggested that we shock the pool with 5 lbs. every 8 hrs. for a 24 hour period. Example-If we shock on Saturday afternoon at 12 our chlorine reading is gone by Sunday afternoon. We cannot get it to hold a chlorine reading after 24 hrs. of shocking. They did check our phosphate levels and it did read that the level was a little high. We need help. 45 lbs. of shock in the last month is a bit much. Do you have any suggestions?