SWG Recommendation help...

jamesfr

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2011
W.Sussex, UK
Hi,

I have been looking to get a SWG for a while and reading up about it on here...

I think the best one to go for is the Autopilot but no one in the USA will ship this model to the UK for me and its silly money over here!!!

I have been looking at compupool & Aquarite - both which I can get exported from the US to the UK.

Which of these units are the best??
Which requires the least amount of salt in the water?
Do either have temperature compensation built in?
Which is the most reliable and cost effective option?

Hopefully looking for a set and forget unit if possible....

AquaRite units have a better reputation. CompuPool hasn't been around long enough to get a real idea of how reliable they are long term, so it is impossible to make a true comparison.

Both require essentially the same salt levels.

Neither has temperature compensation.

In the US, CompuPool units are significantly less expensive. I'm not sure if that is still true where you are.

WOW! That's almost like asking what's the best motor oil... You'll get lots of opinions.

I'm frugal and went with a CPSC (Compupool) 48 ($750 USD). I'm happy with it. I also realize that it's a large unit for the pool size I have. It doesn't have lots a bells and whistles. But does what it needs to do.

CSPC series needs 3500 PPM
I believe the new software does do temperature compensation.
Comes with 3 year warranty.
First 60 days no cost
First year/Second year: Parts supplied from our facility or returned for repair to our facility at no cost.
Third year: Parts supplied from our facility or returned fro repair to our facility at 66% of normal cost of parts and repair labor. Compu Pool will cover the cost of return freight only.

Seems fair enough.

bobodaclown said:
They might have added temperature compensation to the salt level reading, but they don't do the AutoPilot style of temperature compensation where the percentage changes based on the water temperature.

bobodaclown said:
WOW! That's almost like asking what's the best motor oil... You'll get lots of opinions.

I'm frugal and went with a CPSC (Compupool) 48 ($750 USD). I'm happy with it. I also realize that it's a large unit for the pool size I have. It doesn't have lots a bells and whistles. But does what it needs to do.

CSPC series needs 3500 PPM
Comes with 3 year warranty.
First 60 days no cost
First year/Second year: Parts supplied from our facility or returned for repair to our facility at no cost.
Third year: Parts supplied from our facility or returned fro repair to our facility at 66% of normal cost of parts and repair labor. Compu Pool will cover the cost of return freight only.

Seems fair enough.

Thanks - looks like thats what I will be going for...

The smallest autopilot digital over here is $2600 :hammer:

I'm in the same situation, and finding it very frustrating!
FWIW, I've seen an Autopilot DIG36 for £1550 at brookforge.co.uk, and if you search for autopilot on ebay.co.uk, there are a couple of sellers who say they offer international delivery, but I'm still waiting for a reply.

LaChab said:
I'm in the same situation, and finding it very frustrating!
FWIW, I've seen an Autopilot DIG36 for £1550 at brookforge.co.uk, and if you search for autopilot on ebay.co.uk, there are a couple of sellers who say they offer international delivery, but I'm still waiting for a reply.

I have't found anyone that will ship from the US to UK as certkin as the resellers.

Thats a good price for a DIG36!

I think I am going to go for a CPSC36...

I went with the CPSC36. Just finished installing it Tuesday night.
I was on a budget, and didn't need all the bells and whistles. So far it's working.
Although it's reading my water temp at 69 and salt at 4900.
Water is about 80 something and test strips show salt at 3700 (compu pool requires salt levels of 3500).

WestSidePool said:
I went with the CPSC36. Just finished installing it Tuesday night.
I was on a budget, and didn't need all the bells and whistles. So far it's working.
Although it's reading my water temp at 69 and salt at 4900.
Water is about 80 something and test strips show salt at 3700 (compu pool requires salt levels of 3500).

Did you get the unit calibrated or have you just left it??

I have just purchased a CPSC24

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So far i've just left it.
It appears to auto check itself every so often. It's still showing high.
Maybe this weekend if i have time i'll recalibrate it.
bobodaclown sent me and a few others the method to recalibrate it, which was talked about in this thread.

I found this thread this morning that posts the calibration instructions for the CPSC series.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.