Trying to figure out head pressure. Convert to 2 speed motor

bobodaclown

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Murrieta, CA
I've posted some pictures on another post of my piping setup.
file.php

Trying to figure out Head Pressure.

With a new filter my system is showing a 2.5 PSI.

I'm getting what I consider good flow.

All piping in 1.5 inches.
Main drain and Skimmer feed input to pump.

return line has 2 tees. first Tee feeds 1.5 inch line that feeds 2- deep end returns the other side of the 2 feeds 2 gate valves that feed 1.5 in line that feeds 2 returns each. They have lower flow the further they are from the pump. (Makes sense, longer runs= greater resistance.)

Can I swap out the motor and put in a 115V two speed pump. My system is set up for 115V. What motor would you go with? Or should I replace the whole pump?
This is the motor that is currently installed:
file.php

Would it be worth changing out to a 2 speed motor? I don't have water features and I manually vac the pool.

Re: Trying to figure out head pressure. Convert to 2 speed m

Unless your electric rates are really high, it is almost never worth switching out a working pump purely on the basis of financial savings. You could easily switch the motor for a two speed motor, but it will usually take a very long time for the electrical savings to pay back the cost of the upgrade.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.