Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Buying salt test strips

1. Back To Top    #1

Buying salt test strips

Every place i have looked only sells them in a combo pack. Pack of salt strips and a pack of Chlorine/PH strips. Is this the case everywhere now, or can you still buy individual packs of the salt strips?
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Buying salt test strips

3. Back To Top    #3

I was hoping to find them in store to avoid the wait of shipping with online orders.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

They are certainly available separately, though your local stores may not choose to keep them in stock separately.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Jason, I'll keep on the hunt then.
    Eric

6. Back To Top    #6

Lowes here in california had the aquacheck strips.
    30,000 gallon in ground pool, Jandy 1400 SWG, Jandy valves and controls, Sta rite cartridge filter, Just added solar panels and Starite Inellipro variable speed pump

I spent a lot of money on drag racing, good whiskey, and expensive cigars. The rest of my money I just wasted.

7. Back To Top    #7

I too needed some asap but will be plan on ordering some from tftestkits too. Leslie's had them in my area.
    24' x 52" AGP = 13.5k gallons
    Dynamo 2.0 HP pump,Sand Dollar sand filter
    Polaris 65 vacuum (good when there are a ton of leaves on bottom), Pool Rover Jr. (LOVE it, but power box dead right now), AquaCritter (an excellent suction side cleaner)

8. Back To Top    #8

My Leslies only had the combo pack. I did find the single pack at another seasonal pool store in my area. But they wanted 13.99 for just the salt strips. The combo pack was 16.99.
    Eric

9. Back To Top    #9

One of my local pool stores had them last year, but they expired like 2 weeks after we bought them. Hubby didn't think to check the expiration date. I don't think the sell a lot of them, so be sure they will last you the season.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Suziqzer
    One of my local pool stores had them last year, but they expired like 2 weeks after we bought them. Hubby didn't think to check the expiration date. I don't think the sell a lot of them, so be sure they will last you the season.
    The ones i bought expire 12/12. So I'm good.
    Eric