Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Multi-Color Lights

1. Back To Top    #1
    Goldsboro, NC

Pentair Multi-Color Lights

There are two Pentair multi-color lights in my pool. Since I bought the house with the pool, I am not sure what model they are. There is a regular light switch with the pool equipment that turns them on. Sometimes when I turn them on they stay one color. Sometimes they change colors together. One time just one of them changed colors and the other one stayed the same color and eventually they were the same color and started changing together.

My question is, how can I control the pattern and what they do? Is there a way to control the color they are constantly or the pattern? Thanks!
    22,600 gal. Vinyl Inground, FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, SWG, Dolphin Nautilus

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Multi-Color Lights

If they are the Intellibrite LED lights, the color pattern is controlled by the number of times you turn the switch on and off. The manual on their website explains it:

Or you can replace the regular switch with an Intellibrite controller, seen here:

These have separate buttons for the various color schemes. Downside is they are around $200.

3. Back To Top    #3

Ahh, that explains the rapid relay clicking sounds (and slow response time) when I select a color or mode on my Pentair Mobile Touch remote: the panel is actually turning the power off and on a certain number of times to select the color/mode.

I laugh—to disguise the tears.
    Size 15,000 gal 510′² | Filtration DE 48′² | Sanitation SWG+O₃ | Placement in-ground (IG) | Finish pebble
    Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS main WhisperFlo WF-28 feature | Location Dallas TX US (33ºN 97ºW)

4. Back To Top    #4

Orange County, CA

Or they might be SAm or SAL color changing lights. They would have the same behavior. You should download the manuals from Pentair's website to see which ones you have and for more information.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.