Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 280 Black Max

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 280 Black Max

My polaris all of a sudden stopped working. On initial exam I noticed one of the wheels was not straight. The bearings seemed to be lose so I replaced both sets on that wheel. I thought that would do the trick, but the sucker won't move. It also lists to one side and doesn't seem to want to stay flat on the bottom of the pool.

Recently my pool guy said my booster pump was leaking...it looks like he replaced the impeller and o-rings.

Any thought?
    PebbleTec pool with beach entry and rock waterfall/slide, Jandy Aqualink Wireless OneTouch, Hayward DE Filter, Goldline SWG, Polaris Black Max 380 with booster, Hayward Heater, 2 Blowers for HotTub

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 280 Black Max

Are the wheels spinning at all?
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

3. Back To Top    #3

No.
    PebbleTec pool with beach entry and rock waterfall/slide, Jandy Aqualink Wireless OneTouch, Hayward DE Filter, Goldline SWG, Polaris Black Max 380 with booster, Hayward Heater, 2 Blowers for HotTub

4. Back To Top    #4

BUMP!

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm guessing that the drive shifts are not engaging the wheel fully. Also you might want to see if the spin freely, there are bearing that may need replacing. Also have you disassembled the shell to make sure the hoses are good and not cracked or off? This will also get to look at the drive gear to see if it spins on the shaft.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

any teeth on the wheel?