New build in ABQ

ABQ_Pool

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 31, 2011
Chandler, AZ
Finally got the decisions made, details sorted out, contract signed and yard prepped! Thanks again to all the helpful advice and info from the forum - I want to both keep secret and advertise all the info on here at the same time!

This will be a 18'x32' rectangular in ground pool. It is a "sport pool" configuration, 3.5' on entry side, 6' at the deepest, then 4' on the auto cover side; approx. 21k gallons. Broke ground on 6/6/11, planned completion in 6-8 weeks.

Pool equipment: Pentair IntelliFlo pump, Pentair C&CP cartridge 420 sq ft, Pentair IC-40 SWCG, no heater. 2 main drains, 2 skimmers, 3 main returns and 2 water feature returns. All plumbing 2" schedule 40 pvc and drains are not plumbed through the skimmers. Other options: Intelli Bright LED color light, auto fill line, dedicated suction line for cleaner, Sunstone plaster finish and automatic cover.

First off, I'll post the before pic:
P1000956.JPG

Plans:
SCN_0001.jpg

SCN_0002.jpg

It's definitely exciting, but also stressful. I'm stressing because all the decision are so FINAL - tile choices, plaster color, concrete color - not easy to change once they're installed. We're looking forward to having our yard back to normal, when they told us they would demolish the yard, they meant it!

Julie - I'm sure you've been enjoying your pool in the weather we've been having. I'm looking forward to getting our equipment in so I can start tinkering.

Yep...the water is incredible with all this heat. Once the heat started up earlier in the month it didn't take long to get the water to this lovely temperature---it's 86* and perfect! Just wish the wind would not crank up every afternoon... you will also be so happy to have the automatic cover! Everything seems to be running great...we still have the small amount of air bubbles at top of pump, but when we put it on higher speed to run the robot cleaner they all go away---pretty sure these pumps just do that. I will be curious what you find with your pump. Hoping for a speedy build for you so you can enjoy the magic of water this summer!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.