I thought this was going to be easy.

phatocaster

LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2011
Wilmington, N.C.
Ok. I tested my chlorine today. My FC measures .6. I put in 3 drops @ the 25 mil test before it turned clear. I checked my ph yesterday and it was 7.4. I have put 5 182 oz jugs of bleach in my 13500 gal pool since Wednesday. I had to shock it Wednesday night.

Does the chlorine go away every day?

About 3 weeks ago I took a water sample to the pool store and they tested it for me. I put 9lbs of Alkalinity plus in and some algicide and basically that was it. I put some chlorine tablets in the floater and water was sparkling clear in two days. Everything was right on. Now I have cloudy water.

Will my chlorine evaporate this much each day?

I was trying to find a better way to maintain my pool but so far it's not going that way. When I do a chlorine test and put the R-0870 in sometimes it turns pink, sometimes it goes straight to the bottom and clumps.

Should I go the the store and get a couple bags of shock and a few tablets to get the water back to par and go from there?

Also isnt the alkalinity plus supposed to help keep the chlorine stabilized and keep it from evaporating out?

I know its alot of questions but thsi just doesn't seem to be working for me.

Also I don't know if this has anything to do with it but its consistantly been 90+ degrees here and NO RAIN. I mean ZERO.

Plan to lose on average 3ppm per day if pool is in full sun.
Swizzle the R-0870 around to dissolve it some.
Alkalinty pus is just that--increases alkalinity a bunch and the PH a bit.
CYA stabilizes chlorine to some degree.
You should have at least 30 and maybe up to 50 ppm of CYA in there.

Brush back up in Pool School.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.