So we're getting our pool (hopefully the city approves) in two weeks. I'm doing my "required" homework by going through the store's Pool School. I had to laugh when it said "don't use liquid test kits, they are never accurate. The test strips are more accurate and convenient" and then it adds that you cannot go swimming for 12 hours after adding liquid cholrine.
Umm, Why can't I go swimming after adding liquid chlroine? Wouldn't it be diluted into the 15,000 gallons of water, just like a puck dissolving over time?
And if I maintain my levels of free chlorine, do I really need to shock once a week? I thought the whole idea is to maintain the pool...not let it get out of control so I have to shock it every week.
Just thought the comments were sort of funny. Fortunately, the pool store isn't to hip on pushing the chemicals that they are supposed to be selling.