Step Jets

deer hunter

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois
Hello, I just had my kit (18x36 in ground vinyl) delivered yesterday. I got a 8' thermoplastic step from quaker plastics. It seems like a very sturdy step. I am wanting to put two step returns on each side of the step, but the step does not have the recessed circles in the step. It has a textured finish to the plastic. I did not know if i could still put the returns in or if i would have to worry about leaks.

Mine was the same way. Not a heavy texture but enough to wonder about the fitting sealing well. Don't sweat it. Just make sure to get returns designed for fiberglass walls. They'll have nice, thick rubber gaskets that go on either side. Put the return with a gasket through your hole then on the backside put a nice bead of clear silicone around the hole. Careful not to get any on the threads. Then put the other rubber and cork gasket on and screw on tightly.

Well, I called Quaker Plastics today and the representative i spoke to stated they do not recommend putting the returns in the steps that do not have the recessed circle in them. He stated it would be hard to get a good seal on, not having a smooth surface. Not the answer I was looking for.

My pool builder put spa jets in our pool steps too. It didn't have recessed circles either but he put two in there anyway. I have not had any problems. He used some kind of special glue/sealent made for water that will harden as it gets wet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.