How to get ALL the air from the pump

Apr 22, 2011
Ohio
Got my new pool going. 24ft AGP. The pump has a clear lid for the strainer basket area. It is below water lvl. So when I take the pump lid off, it fills and overflows with water. Once I have the lid on, it is filled with water, besides the very top. The area where the clear, rounded lid it. When I turn the pump on, it runs just fine. Nice and quiet. But that air bubble, stays on top and does not get pulled down, into the inlet line. I thought I read that the pump should almost have NO air in it. I cannot figure out how to get that last air pocket out. Even when I turn it on high, it doesn't cause enough turbulance to get the air out. I ran it all day, and it did not fill with any more air. The bubble is the same size. And I get NO air bubbles out the inlet, so I don't think it is any kind of leak, it's just the last bit of air, that is stuck at the top of the lid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.