LIMESCALE ON THE WALLS OF MY POOL-----URGENT! I NEED HELPP!!

Jun 18, 2011
I need the fastest and easiest way to remove limescale of the tile walls of my swimming pool. I have tried Pressure washer, brush all sorts. the only thing i have managed to get it of with is a metal scraper, but this was cant be used as it scratches all the tiles... ANY SUGGESTIONS!????

Attachments

• Limescale 1.jpg
    Limescale 1.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 139
  • Limescale 2.jpg
    Limescale 2.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 136
Re: LIMESCALE ON THE WALLS OF MY POOL-----URGENT! I NEED HEL

It would take thousands of dollars in CLR to clean that up! I haven't used it but my neighbor had his pool cleaned with soda blasting. It got rid of all the calcium scale and did no damage at all. Scale is a real problem here in Tucson. His was pretty bad, but not as bad as what you are showing, and I think cost was around $400.

You can remove it with a diluted muriatic acid mixture, or if you are in a hurry and don't mind renting equipment you could use a plastic bead blaster.

I am having the same problem, I looked online and found that the pros use a soda blaster. I had a guy come out and give me a price to clean mine ($560.00) I told him no thanks. I looked at harbor freight online and found that you can purchase a soda blaster for around $100.00 and a 50 pound bag of baking soda for around $35.00. I will be doing mine myself and saving about $400.00. there are videos on youtube on how you do it. It looks pretty simple.

Good luck, hope this helps

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.